How to get from Cape Town Train Station to the Civic Centre @MyCiTibus station.
1. Upon exiting Cape Town Train Station there are no signs indicating the general direction towards the Civic Centre Station, an important new transport interchange in Cape Town.
2. One should rather abide by the “yellow” route in the graphic, as its generally safer. You should however be very careful when using the pedestrian crossing upon leaving the station as taxi’s generally do not respect pedestrians.
In addition the yellow route has less of urine stench when compared to the “red” route. The red route also coincides with the route to the Long Distance Bus Terminal. Avoid the “blue” route as this leads down a “dark” road, but it may provide some shade on a hot Cape Town day.
3. Proceed to the staircase which leads to the raised podium levels at the Civic Centre. There are no signs at the start of this staircase either but one will be able to see the red MyCiTi totem poles from across the road.
4. Proceed down the central case of the raised podium area to the MyCiTi bus station. It is not advisable to try to cross Hertzog Boulevard to reach the station.
5. When approaching from the staircase at the Artscape end, there are also zero signs indicating the route to the station.
Hope this helped!