When: Saturday, 26 October 2013, 1PM – 6PM
Where: Observatory, Lower Main Road (Google Map)
The Your City Idea installation, a shortlisted World Design Capital 2014 project, will pop-up on Lower Main Road in Observatory this Saturday. The experimental installation which allows the public to vote on urban issues, forms part of the Open Streets event, which will see a number of activities and events on a car-free corridor on Lower Main Road.
The installation, a 2 metre tall yellow box, displays two questions, with four options each for voters to choose from. The options are displayed as image, using local and international case studies and are presented in four pigeon holes.
This will be the 5th time the installation will be set up around Cape Town. Future Cape Town will be working in collaboration with HOTT 3 Dimensional Marketing , Open Streets and 100in1day for this event.
Notes to editors
- Future Cape Town is a registered non-profit organisation creating a platform for dialogue, awareness and action about our cities.. http://futurecapetown.com/about-us/
- The Your City Idea installation was conceived by Rashiq Fataar, Director of Future Cape Town and designed in collaboration with Liam Beattie, Director of HOTT3 Dimensional Marketing in May 2012.
- Read more about Open Streets here and 100 in 1 day here
- Read about the Your City Idea installation initiative here and see images of the Your City Idea installation here.
- Watch a video on the Spaza Urban Innovation Festival here.
Issued by: Media Office, Future Cape Town
+27 21 424 2234