Phase 1 of the PRASA Station Modernisation Project Western Cape Region has been commissioned. 5 new stations for the railway link between Cape Town Central Station and the Cape Flats shall be implemented. 5 sites on the Cape Flats, Cape Town – Nolungile Station, Stock Road Station, Bonteheuwel Station, Lentegeur Station and Mandalay Station. Integrated in their local contexts, this Station Modernisation Project seeks to bridge the social and spatial divide.
- The trains for future of South Africa’s cities
- Have Metrorail really improved by 30 ways in 30 weeks?
- Bold City: Future Stations
- Cape Town deserves a reliable and predictable train service
- Better Stations, Better Cities
- City and PRASA working together to improve passenger rail
- PRASA : Impact of IPAP on the PRASA Rolling Stock Fleet Renewal Programme
- PRASA: Metrorail Western Cape, Modernisation Programme stakeholder engagement, Transport for Cape Town portfolio committee
- The modernisation of 5 Cape Flats stations aims to improve links with the City Centre
- PRASA: Station Modernization
- DesignSpaceAfrica: PRASA Station Modernisation