A selection of contributions to books, articles and research reports.
- Fataar, R. (2016) The Ambition of a Democratic City in Provoost, M. (ed.) Cape Town: Densification as a Cure for a Segregated City. NAi010: Rotterdam, 42-51 | Available here
- Fataar, R. (2016) in Global Designing Cities Initiative. (ed.) Global Street Design Guide (contrib.). Island Press: Washington D.C. | Available here
- Fataar, R. (2015) Cape Town: What Happens Next in Brodie, N. (ed.) The Cape Town Book: A Guide to the City’s History, People and Places. Struik Travel & Heritage: Cape Town, 302-03
- Fataar, R. (2014) Cape Town: A Cosmopolitan Metropolis at the Bottom of the African Continent in National Geographic. (ed.) World’s Best Cities. National Geographic: Washington D.C., 170-175
- Fataar, R. (2015) City on the Move in Asmal, Z. (ed.) Movement Cape Town. The City: Cape Town, 64 | Available here
- Fataar, R. (2014) Cape Town as a Global Urban Laboratory in Department of Design. Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands: Cape Town, 22-25
Articles : Magazine, Newspaper and Online
- Fataar, R. (2017) Public Spaces in African Cities in CitiesToBe : 10 September, online.
- Fataar, R. (2017) Opinion: Innovation in Public Space in Hatting, L. (ed. ) Earthworks Magazine: Issue 36, 108-113.
- Fataar, R. (2015) South Africa’s hopes of planning better cities and communities in Future Cape Town : 15 March, online.
- Fataar, R. (2014) Snapshot of an Urban Africa in Matthews, A. (ed.) Aerodrome: review of Afropolis.
- Fataar, R and Petzer, B. (2014) Cape Town’s Anti-Apartheid Urban Plan in Cohen, A. (ed.) Next City: 19 May, online
- Fataar, R and Willams, R. (2013) Long Street a change for a creative exercise in The Cape Argus: September 2013.
- Fataar, R. (2013) Defending Cape Town’s Princess in Bosworth, B. (ed.) Urban Africa: 19 July, online.
- Fataar, R and Petzer, B. (2013) Disconnection and connection in Cape Town in Bosworth, B. (ed.) Urban Africa: 19 June, online.
- Fataar, R and Petzer, B. (2013) Deep Roots For a High Rise in Hatting, L. (ed.) Earthworks Magazine: Issue 16, 139-147.
- Fataar, R. (2012) Post Doha: The Aftermath of COP18 in Hatting, L. (ed.) Earthworks Magazine: Issue 12, 34-36.
- Fataar, R. (2012) A Statement on Fundamental Change in Hatting, L. (ed.) Earthworks Magazine: Issue 12, 27-33.
- Fataar, R. and Bowen, R. (2012). Demolishing Aspirations in Davis, A. (ed.) Mahala: 30 January, online
- Fataar, R. (2011) Stop praying at the altar of the past in The Cape Argus : 11 June.
- Fataar, R (2020). Unpacking Smart City Development in Cape Town and Johannesburg. | Available here
- Fataar, R (2016). Densification and the Ambition for a Democratic City. | Available here
- Fataar, R and Sassen, S (2018). Public Spaces of Openness in democratic South Africa: A pursuit towards inclusive public spaces through tactical urban interventions
Research : Reports and Publications at Our Future Cities
- (2020) Exploring Co-Living in South Africa
- (2020) High Rise Affordable Housing in Bellville
- (2020) South Africa Prosperity Fund Future Cities Commercial Benefits Scoping
- (2019 ) Affordable Accommodation :Investment Case for the Greater Tygerberg Area
- (2018) Century City Square : Reposition, Redesign, ReInspire
- (2018) Insights into development and Investment Trends in the Voortrekker Road Corridor Focus Area
- (2017) Florida Road : Creating a Great Street for All
- (2017) Bellville CBD : Cultural Interventions
- (2017) V&A Waterfront Battery Park : A study of potential uses
- (2016) Church Square : Empowering Public Life
- (2016) Bellville CBD : Culture and Public Life
- (2015) Sea Point Library Square : Placemaking Framework
- (2015) A study of Thornhill Park, Green Point
- (2015) Regent Road Parklet
- (2014) Your City Idea installation : Public Engagement study
Reports before 2014 available on request.