There are a number of ways to work with us and join our efforts to impact the future of our cities, communities and spaces.
Work with Our Future Cities team, partners and networks and gain experience in the urbanism field
- Learn about our mission, methods, and approaches
- Gain practical and theoretical skills development related to urban development, planning, public space development, smart cities, mobility and walkability frameworks and more
- Work closely with the director of the Organisation
- Attend events, site visits and remote activities
Applications have now closed.
- Deadline: 31 August 2021
- Duration: September/October 2021 – March 2022 (Minimum 6 months)
The Our Future Cities Urbanism Internship, Learnership and Development Programme is its 10 year with over interns now working around in the world in government, private sector and the NGO community.
Applications are now open once again for Cape Town-based interns with limited spots available for Remote Internships.
The programme comprises :
Phase 1: Month 1 – 2
- A 6 week introduction to urbanism covering areas relating to each of our 5 focus areas: This includes amongst others topics from public spaces, affordable housing, smart cities, mobility, walkability, partnership-building and communication
- A 1-day assessment based on a selection of OFC past research studies and reports
Interns that score above the benchmark of 600 / 1000 will be invited to continue in the programme.
Phase 2: Month 2 to Month 6
- Working across projects including site visits in Cape Town and possibly South Africa
- Research, engagement and project management skills development in a selection of our projects
- Engagement with stakeholders, project partners, clients and key leaders in urbanism
- The preferred candidates are energetic, curious and hardworking young people passionate about gaining experience in urbanism.
- The ideal candidate has the time and desire to explore topics related to future cities, including affordable housing, public spaces, transport and mobility, urban design, architecture, economics or a related built environment field.
- No academic background in urbanism, cities, design is required
After the successful completion of the internship, the interns benefit from Our Future Cities’ platforms and networks to support their future ambitions in the field.
Applications have now closed.
Please note: Only queries directed to email@example.com will be responded to.
From time to time we need extra help with our work. From researching public spaces to engaging people to preparing for an event to leading a walking tour. We love working with volunteers who understand and support our mission and values.
If you are interested in volunteering some of your time and expertise we would love to hear from you. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
OUR FUTURE CITIES NETWORK
Our Future Cities is looking to expand its consultant, researcher and contractor network in 2021. Currently we are interested in:
- Junior Researchers: to assist with research, project management and content development with a minimum of 2 years post-undergrad work experience and skills particular in the cities, urban development field
Contact: email@example.com with the following required documents: 1-page Resume, a portfolio of previous works and a motivation letter for working at Our Future Cities. Ensure your Resume makes clear your urbanism-specific work or project experience.