This is the vision for a section of the Cape Town CBD for the year 2030. The idea is the brain child of Mokena Makeka, the Principal and Creative Director of Makeka Design Lab, a proudly South African design practice. Makeka Designs or MDL as it is affectionately known, have been doing ground breaking architectural work for a practice that is only 6 years old.
- Neighbourhood A: Intense mixed-use, cultural centre, government workers, commercial opportunities
- Neighbourhood B: Innovative technological research and educational centre Informal markets, research and creative academy. Galleries etc.
- Neighbourhood C: Government services
- Neighbourhood D: Health and lifestyle centre. Tennis courts, squash courts, parks, green link, public swimming pool
1. City mulls massive urban regeneration proposal
3. Cape Town: World class city or glorified fishing village?