The Cities Collective is a collaborative partnership between Future Cape Town and Urban Times. Working across platforms and across countries, the Cities Collective seeks to create a platform for the discussion, investigation and exploration of cities and urban life around the world.
When it comes to discussing sustainability, particularly in the area of transportation, there are many complicated issues, intricate policies and chunks of data that need to be taken into account. The following infographics attempt to summarize some of those conversations in a way that is easy for anyone to comprehend, opening everyone to the broader sustainability conversation.
They cover a wide range of topics, from examples of cities achieving discernable progress on sustainable transport to making the case for basic public transportation, and many more. The topic of conversation is broad, and discussion needs to happen around all of them in the pursuit of a more sustainable future. Let these serve as food for thought…
Click the images to see a higher resolution version. This post has been paginated to shorten the length of pages
1. The World of Sustainable Transport
2. The Many Connections Between Transport and Health
3. Inclusive and Sustainable Transport
4. The Hyperloop
5. The Things We Leave Behind on Public Transport
6. U.S. Interstates as a Subway Map
7. Make Life Simple and Green with Public Transportation
8. Three Ways to Create a More Sustainable Future on the Roads
9. Top Travel Trends in Major US Metropolitan Cities
10. Who’s Using Alternative Modes of Transportation?
11. Biking in Seattle
12. Getting Around Transport Today
13. How Feasible is it to Use an Electric Car on Vacation in Europe?
14. Global Air Travel
15. How Bikes Can Save Us